"How can you read this? There's no pictures!"

-"Well, some people use their imagination."


Friday, January 28, 2011

Individual Technology Assessment

Well currently I am not an educator, so I have no serious experience in the classroom.   What I feel I would bring to the classroom as far as technology goes is limited.  I could know so much more about technology then I do at the moment.  I feel like there is so much software out there that can be beneficial in the classroom; however I have not been introduced to it.  I will definitely be searching for new technologies and software to bring to the classroom before I enter it.  I believe that as an educator you can always learn while you are in the classroom as well, so I will always be on the lookout for new things.  What I can bring as far as technology goes is the use of mp3 players as audio book players.  Children can learn listening skills as well as different writing styles by listening to audio books.  It works even better when you have the book in front of you to help get a better visual.  I have recently purchased a Nook which I have absolutely fallen in love with.  I still love books, but I think that my Nook is wonderful as well.  I could bring the use of eReaders to the classroom through either simply the software such as the Nook software or through the actual eReaders by allowing my students to check them out during down times.  I feel that there are so many possibilities when it comes to eReaders.

No comments:

Post a Comment